TROON and around
- Rev J Kirkwood. Fourth and revised edition C1896
- By Ian M Mackintosh SSC 1969
- By Ian M Mackintosh SSC 1974
- about the author
- by his son-in-law John Ritchie Junior
- By Stuart Beaton - Ayrshire Post - 36 Pages of Troon History.
- By Stuart Beaton - Advertiser Times Herald - 77 different pages of Troon History.
- Bethany Hall, Troon
or the chronicle of Dalmailing during the ministry of the Rev. Micah Balwhidder written by himself arranged and edited by JOHN GAULT illustrated in colour by Henry W. Kerr R.S.A. (chapter on Troon smuggling)
As revealed in the Annals of an Ayrshire Parish by the Rev. Kirkwood Hewat, M.A., F.S.A.(Scot) - PRESTWICK. Second Edition 1908
An Act for making a Railway from or near to the town of Kilmarnock, in the County of Ayr, to a place called The Troon, in the said County - 27th May 1808
To be followed by
John Kelso Hunter
by David Cuthbertson - Romantic Novel Based on many facts and locations
by David Cuthbertson -Romantic Novel Based on many facts and locations
By and with permission from Bill McGregor
John Macintosh - wider Ayrshire C1894
- Search quickly for what you want in the above histories.
(Not yet complete and updated!)